The Fiji Women’s Rights Movement is a multicultural nongovernmental organisation committed to removing discrimination against women through institutional reform and attitudinal change. FWRM practices and promotes feminism, democracy, good governance, the rule of law and human rights. We strive to empower, unite and provide leadership opportunities for women in Fiji, especially for emerging young leaders. Our vision is a democratic society based on feminist principles where women are treated equally and are free from all forms of oppression and discrimination.
FWRM is looking to fill the following position:
Team Leader: Finance and Administration Management
This position will oversee the organisational financial and administrative operations and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices.
Specific objectives of the job:
• Manage the Finance and Administration Team and oversee the administrative operations and human resources of the organisation
• Prepare and maintain donor agreements and staff contracts
• Manage financial control, prepare and analyse budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organisation on budget expenditures.
• Develop and maintain financial management procedures in accordance with FWRM financial manual as well as donor requirements
• Obtain approvals from the Executive Director and from the donors on all procurements, purchases for the projects and organisation.
• Maintain budget and forecast of FWRM activities and liaising with program team on activity planning, implementation and monitoring
• Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on MYOB and financial monitoring.
• Work closely with programme Team Leaders to ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors
• Oversee the financial audits of all projects and organisation
• Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, human resource management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
• Work with FWRM Board Treasurer in preparations for board financial documents
• Contribute to continuous improvement of FWRM systems and procedures
• A degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent business experience. A degree in management may also be considered.
• At least 3 - 5 years experience in managing accounts and administration
• Experience in working with Non-Governmental organisations is desirable but not necessary
• Understanding of donor and grant making organisations is desirable
• Computer literate – experience in MYOB software is needed
FJ35, 000 – FJ50, 000 - this is dependent on academic qualification and work experience.
Application deadlines and procedure: Applicants must submit a CV with contact details for three referees and a statement of interest no later than the close of business 01 August 2017. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
The Vacancy: Team Leader Finance and Administration Management
Fiji Women’s Rights Movement,
P.O Box 14194, Suva